Home       Sitemap      About Us      简体中文
Home» Employment» Faculty Exchange» Application Process

Application Process

Application Period

Research scholars may apply virtually anytime, although receipt of applications for the following academic year should be no later than May.

Required Application Materials

     1.  Letter of recommendation from your home university.

A complete and detailed CV.

 Research proposal.

 A photocopy of the first page of applicant's passport.

 A copy of applicant's health examination report. Those planning on staying at PKU for more
        than 6 months should bring an original version of the health examination verification to
        present upon entry into China. You will not need a copy of your health examination report if
        you plan to stay in China for less than 6 months.

Application Procedures

     1.  Consult your home university for application requirements.
        The Office of International Relations is responsible for visiting scholar affairs. The Exchange
        Program contact persons at Peking University are as followings:

 Mr. Li Hongquan (for scholars from Asian and African universities)
            Tel: +86-10-62751242/43/46/47-219
            Fax: +86-10-62751240
            Email: leehq@pku.edu.cn

Ms. Zhou Manli (for scholars from U.S. and Oceania universities)
            Tel: +86-10-62751242/43/46/47-211
            Fax: +86-10-62751240
            Email: mlzhou@pku.edu.cn

 Mr. Shi Zhongming (for scholars from European universities)
            Tel: +86-10-62751242/43/46/47-218
            Fax: +86-10-62751240
            Email: zhmshi@pku.edu.cn

            Division for Exchange Programs
            Office of International Relations
            Nan Ge Building
            Peking University, 100871 CHINA

 Make sure to send in your application form before the deadline. Send your completed
        application and all required documents to the Exchange Program Office of your home
        university, not Peking University. The Exchange Program Office of your home university will
        then send your application to Peking University.

 Peking University's Office of International Relations will confer with the appropriate university
        department and decide whether or not to approve your application.

 You should also apply for a visa to China at your local Chinese consulate as soon as you
        have received a letter of admission from Peking University. If you plan to work and travel in
        China for less than three months, you should apply for a visiting visa ("F"). If you plan to
        stay in China between three and six months, you should also apply for a visiting visa,
        although you will need to extend part way through. The extension fee will be the
        responsibility of the scholar. Scholars intending to stay for longer than six months should
        apply for a foreign expert visa ("Z").

 Admitted scholars who will stay at Peking University for more than six months will need to
        have a physical examination.

 Finally, you should arrive at Peking University and report to the Division for Exchange
        Programs at the time designated by your letter of acceptance.